Monday, March 7, 2011

total bust(ing gut)!!!

So this weekend I decided to take the trek up to Boston with my best friend Bob.  Bob is a veteran who fought in the Iraq war and lost half his right leg from an IED two years ago.  He has since obtained a beautiful yellow lab service dog (Maddie) and this weekend was her graduation.  The only thing was the graduation took place up in Leominster, Mass.. 
 I decided the day that he was leaving that I would accompany him for the 6 hour drive so had no time to plan out my meals for the two day excursion.  I ate terribly.  A lunchable on the way up was my first downfall.  Those things have as much salt in them as the Dead Sea!  Second mistake was going to a bar with Bob.  Normally I would enjoy a light beer or a sweet tea vodka and water cocktail (sweet tea vodka is said to have the least amount of calories).  But to my dismay they had no sweet tea vodka in this New England city.  So what did I decide to drink?  A cocktail named the Sexual Chocolate which contained every type of liquor you could imagine (including Baileys, Kalhua, and I believe a little Malibus).  Well needless to say it tasted like chocolate milk so they went down quick and they went down in a multitude. 
All the drinking that night left me feeling a little less then desirable the next morning.  We had vouchers for a free breakfast buffet at the hotel so before the graduation ceremony we went down there.  Well I definitely did use my tools I learned from weight watchers I went at that buffet like how I would when I was 10 years-old.  Piled on the bacon and the eggs and the hash browns, I did happen to grab a bowl of cantaloupe but by that point the damage had been done!
The buffet left me filled for most of the day (and the drive home) but Bob decided at 9 that we needed to stop off and grab a bite to eat.  Where of all places did we stop?  Outback steakhouse, the nemesis of any weight watcher!  I was good. I had the smallest steak I could find on the menu, ordered veggies with it and a baked potato with no butter or sour cream, and definitely stayed away from the desert and drink menu!
All in all I had a great time getting out of the house and venturing to a part of the country I have never been to with one of my best friends.  However, I am in for it tonight when I have to go to my meeting and face the wrath of my grandmother and our group leader Deidra.  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment